I spent today doing the inside threads for the 2nd brass emitter component.  They gave me some trouble at first but Glenn and I pressed on.  You can see from the pictures that the whole thing is starting to actually resemble a lightsaber hilt now.  I also turned down a square piece of brass to 1.70 inches which will be the pommel.  We’ve been scheming about the best way to fabricate that part, and the best way to bore out the emitter to its final diameter.

I’m gonna have to drill holes through the walls of 2 of the emitter pieces for the wires.  That will be a very special challenge……

Advertisements