I finished the foreground on the piece this morning before lunch.  Bill suggested I try a hammered stiple technique for the background.  I experimented for a while with it and it produces some interesting visual patterns but I still didn’t feel comfortable taking the power hammer to my working piece that I had 12 hours of work put in on already.  So I took a small liner and did the standard-issue (at least to me) wiggle cut background.  That took me most of the afternoon.  I didn’t feel like messing with the plating thing tonight so I just did the usual silver-black antiquing to make the lines black.  Richard told me that he had heard some people just use black spray paint.  I may have to give that a try if the plating doesn’t come to fruition.

Bill pulled an all-nighter last night so I included a picture of how I found him when I came in the door this morning……

Advertisements